An inert gas with unique properties used in a variety of industrial and analytical applications
Argon is a non-flammable gas that forms 0.9 per cent of the earth's atmosphere.
Most commonly used in the metal industry for metal production, processing and fabrication, it can be used as a pure gas for certain shielding, blanketing, annealing and hot isostatic pressing (HIPing) applications. It can also be used as part of a mixture with other gases, in particular carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen or helium, depending on the process and material.
Its inert properties make argon popular in other industries such as the glass industry for double glazing, the food industry for removing oxygen from wine barrels, and analytical laboratories who use it as a carrier gas in gas chromatography (GC) and in ICP-MS equipment.
Air Products offers compressed argon gas and liquid argon in a variety of purities and in various modes of supply around the world thanks to our network of storage and transfill facilities.
Why Air Products Is a World-Leading Argon Supplier
- Global manufacturer of argon
- Reliable supply of industrial gases
- Excellent record of meeting on-time needs
- Industry leader in safety
- Technical support when you need it
- World-class customer service
Interested in argon for your application?
Ask the Expert
Microbulk Applications Engineer, North America
The Integra® Cylinder — Our Innovation for Safer Welding
CryoEase® Microbulk Solutions Argon Service Offering — Gas Supply Made Simple
Our CryoEase® service offers a number of unique advantages over traditional cylinder supply:
- Saves time – no more handling or changing of cylinders
- Saves space – tank can be sited conveniently to relieve valuable floor space
- Peace of mind – our Gas Management system automatically schedules regular deliveries, saving you the hassle of chasing orders or waiting for deliveries
- Constant and reliable supply with a lower carbon footprint – you can reduce the number of gas deliveries to your business since Air Products looks after your order planning, fulfillment and delivery
Cylinders & Hard Goods
The traditional solution for low-volume gas supply. Cylinders can be supplied in a full range of sizes, pressures and gas purities for a range of gases and gas mixtures. Search our extensive network of distributors in the U.S. and parts of Canada for your cylinder and hard goods supply needs.
Delivered by truck and stored on your site either as a liquid in cryogenic tanks or as a gas in high-pressure tubes based on your volume, desired pressure, purity level, flow rate, and operating pattern.
CryoEase® Microbulk Solutions
A convenient and cost-effective solution for larger operations. CryoEase® tanks are available in a range of sizes. The CryoEase® service simplifies your gas supply by eliminating the need to handle cylinders, stock taking and ordering.
Our Safety Data Sheet (SDS) library allows you to search and find the SDS you need--in the language you select.